Thursday, April 27, 2006

Old Photos

I found some old photos of Ghost that I'd thought I'd share.

These first ones are from 2001 and are some of the earliest digital ones I have of the bike. This is after I built my first intake - a Coyote kit. This uses the stock right side backing plate for an open element air filter, such as K&N filter. I used the stock bell cover to maintain the stock appearance. It stuck out too far on the right side, always hitting my knee. In 2003, I built the first "BierWinder" intake using a PVC elbow, some radiator hose, and a K&N Filter. Other stuff added between 99 and 01 were the fork bag, the V&H pipes, the Pro Tac rider's backrest, the Mustang seats, and the HD Springer headlights for driving lamps. The crash bar is off a 99 Nomad. To make it fit, I welded mounting tabs onto the frame and the floorboard mounts. I must've done them right as they held up when I wrecked the bike later that spring.













These next ones are from 2004 and show the bike pretty much like she was prior to repainting. Post crash changes included the White Brothers Longhorn handlebars that measure in at 44", the Pro Tac was fitted with a backrest from a HD solo seat, the HD tool bag, the HD tach, the HD Police bags (from South Elgin, IL), the Drifter tailight, the new mirrors, a later model Nomad engine guard, Kawi caliper and rotor cover, and Kawi hub cover. I'd also learned how to polish aluminum during the winter of 03, so I'd polished the forks, rear passenger brackets, brake calipers, and the rear drive unit.

Then we transition to Ghost's "bobber" phase. With the bodywork out for painting (it had been four years since the wreck) I paired the original dented tank with a bobbed CB750 rear fender. I rattle-canned a semi-black paint job, jerry-rigged some rear taillights that occassionally worked right, and zip-tied the license plate. The contrast between the polished aluminum, chrome, and rough body work (one side cover was duct tape!) really worked. I recieved more compliments on this configuration than any other. If I ever damage the bags where they can't be used, I'll go back to the bob look.




Next time, the new look!

Ride Safe.
Bierkan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home