Sunday, August 24, 2008

Looking more chopper-ish!!

Got the carbs on , the exhaust on and the correct rear axle in . I'm seriously thinking about using the front fender for the rear and using the stock brace to hold it in place. You can really tell the lengthened swingarm in this photo. Look at the shock angle. They should hold up, but the ride will be significantly softer. That's another reason this will be a solo person bike.


Still a lot to do yet. I need to fab up a brace for the front caliper, run the hydraulic lines, and re-wire the girl. Nothing too permenant yet as I still don't know if this motor runs!

I do think the frame past the shocks has to go. I might have to weld in a tube for support right behind the old battery box area. You can see in this photo the gap between the oil tank and the upper part of the frame. I'm thinking I *could* Kong the frame some, like an inch or two, but not until I ride it some this way.

I know I'll regret not having a front fender the first rainy day. Oh well.

The narrow fender makes the rear tire look wider. The old fender mount part of the frame has to go. I'm hoping those Works shocks are still good. I am on a budget afterall.


"Take me to your leader!"

These lights are burnt out and the brackets are pretty bent up, but it might be worth it to put some new H4's in them to see if they'll work at night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is only one James Vierkant that I know who also goes by Bierkan!

How are ya man?!

J.Stroeh

8:25 PM  
Blogger James Vierkant said...

Doing fine! Working hard, too many hours to work on the bikes.

James

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home