Cargo Trailer Phots
Here's some photos of my little Harbor Freight Cargo trailer.
Clam shell car top carrier on the roughly 4' x 4' Harbor Freight trailer with an extended tongue.
Carrier is about 8 years old and always stored inside. It's been on this trailer three years.
Trailer itself is of unknown age. I've had it since 2002, I think, and the prior owner had it at least five years before that. It's always been stored inside.
1-7/8" ball hitch
4.80 x 8 tires, can accommodate 4.80 x 12 tires and wheels. I prefer the smaller ones as they have less un-sprung weight and bounce the trailer less. The heavier the axle and tires, the more the trailer will bounce down the highway.
Fenders were originally white and the prior owner painted them black, along with the original clam shell carrier that I removed years ago. Fenders were painted with a standard Kylon paint. I've thought about sanding them down and repainting with plastic adhesion paint as that stuff does work on this type of plastic. Just never really saw the need to and it's too cold to paint them now.
I placed reflective striping on several places around the trailer. Makes it hard to photograph at night!
Set up with separate LED's for tail and brake/turn. Very bright. Side marker lights work are incandescent and work, too.
Standard 4-pin trailer wiring and have verified that it still works.
Hub bearings were packed before last use, 2+ years ago.
Tether chain is extra long to accommodate different vehicle hitches (bike, car, van, etc) that have pulled this.
It pulls straight as an arrow and rides the best with about 150 pounds in it. I've had close to 400 in it and, other than a stopping, I didn't notice it back there.
Last picture is of my menagerie. Figured while I was out there, I'd run the Nomad and charge the battery.
Clam shell car top carrier on the roughly 4' x 4' Harbor Freight trailer with an extended tongue.
Carrier is about 8 years old and always stored inside. It's been on this trailer three years.
Trailer itself is of unknown age. I've had it since 2002, I think, and the prior owner had it at least five years before that. It's always been stored inside.
1-7/8" ball hitch
4.80 x 8 tires, can accommodate 4.80 x 12 tires and wheels. I prefer the smaller ones as they have less un-sprung weight and bounce the trailer less. The heavier the axle and tires, the more the trailer will bounce down the highway.
Fenders were originally white and the prior owner painted them black, along with the original clam shell carrier that I removed years ago. Fenders were painted with a standard Kylon paint. I've thought about sanding them down and repainting with plastic adhesion paint as that stuff does work on this type of plastic. Just never really saw the need to and it's too cold to paint them now.
I placed reflective striping on several places around the trailer. Makes it hard to photograph at night!
Set up with separate LED's for tail and brake/turn. Very bright. Side marker lights work are incandescent and work, too.
Standard 4-pin trailer wiring and have verified that it still works.
Hub bearings were packed before last use, 2+ years ago.
Tether chain is extra long to accommodate different vehicle hitches (bike, car, van, etc) that have pulled this.
It pulls straight as an arrow and rides the best with about 150 pounds in it. I've had close to 400 in it and, other than a stopping, I didn't notice it back there.
Last picture is of my menagerie. Figured while I was out there, I'd run the Nomad and charge the battery.













0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home