Friday, August 04, 2006

Old Indian Chief Rebuild

I picked up an Indian Chief a couple of weeks back. The lady that had it was going to use it for a lawn ornament! Well, I just couldn't see that, especially when the Punkster needs her own motorcycle.

Best of all, it was free!

Oh, you thought I was talking about a full size bike? BWAAHAAHAA

The body work is pretty badly faded. It'll get repainted black with red flames. There is no front fender with the bike.

This fender tip is an example of how bad the chrome pieces are. This will get tossed and the tank nacelle and taillight trim will get painted black.



The forks look very good. So do the wheels. These pieces, as well as the motor, are cleaning up really nice. Everything was covered in spider webs, however. The wheel also had a lot of water in it.

The seat has a crack at the rear mounting post. It will be epoxy'd and covered in black or red fabric.

Since the front fender is missing and it's got to be repainted anyway, I thought I'd bob the bike. Give Punkster something unique to ride. And if you've seen Ghost, you know I can do "unique". Here's the fender after being rough cut. I'll have to sand the edges and smooth it out before painting.

Here's the fender in position. I think it follows the line of the tire well.

It's hard to see, but here's the taillight in it's new position. I'll drill a hole in the frame leg to mount the light. I'll also put a side mount license plate connected to the motor cover, helping to hide that. I'll use a section of a chrome spray paint cap top for the license plate.


Here's her plate. I copied the image from Google Images and used Paint to overwrite it. I'll print it off, trim it, glue it to the spray can cap, and paint it with clear coat. It should be able to handle the elements for a while.

More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home