Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What a morning

While riding to work this morning, a do-rag I had stuffed up in the front of the fairing blew out while negotiating a curve. I turned around and parked the bike on the pavement in the curve and got off to pick up the rag. I was a bit off-camber to the right, but the bike initially sat fine. Initially. As I walk back to the bike, she slowly falls over! The biggest damage was to the fairing. Looks like I get to learn how to do fiberglass repair. If you can offer me some tips or tricks from these pictures, please let me know. I really don't want to screw this up.

Front view of the right side of the fairing. The black smudge on the right is a scuff in the paint.

Top view of the damaged area.

Underside of the damaged area. The tear is about 2 inches long but the stress marks are about 8 inches long.


Close up of the damage. You can see some layer separation here. The water rain. When the carpool arrived at the parking area, it was storming pretty bad. I half expected to find Ghost lying on the ground again.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home