Sunday, August 15, 2010

Helmet Photos and Scene of the Accident

As you can see from the helmet, I could've gotten a nasty head injury.  This is an HJC CyMax modular helmet.  It took a beating and held together nicely.  I replaced it with an HJC SI-Max-BT which has the integrated sun shield and set up for a Chatterbox headset.


Here's the skid mark on the interstate when the modified slipper clutch quit slipping and locked up the rear wheel

Here's where you can see the front wheel locked up from excessive braking on uneven gravel

Here you can see where my shoulder dug into the gravel to stop rider and bike
Look close to the plant and you'll see the disturbed gravel.  Not a long skid at all. 
The Joe Rocket mesh I was wearing is perfectly fine.  The J&P rain jacket has two tiny holes in the shoulder.  The chaps are fine and the rain pants were OK until they cut them off.  I'm replacing the jacket with a Fieldshear mesh with CE shoulder pads - better protection for my shoulders - and more options than the JR had.  Plus it's white, which allows me to wear it on base without the reflective vest during the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home